Audio Described Performances: Audio description is a carefully timed narration of the onstage visual elements in the performance, including the action, costumes and scenery. Program notes via headset are available 10 to 15 minutes before show time, and a touch tour may be available 1 hour before the show depending on the production (details will be sent via e-mail if a touch tour is available and a separate no-cost reservation will be required). The simultaneous description is broadcast live via an inconspicuous FM receiver. Patrons may choose a single earpiece, dual headset or a neck loop (for patrons using a hearing aid with a “T” switch), and the device may be used in any seat in the theatre. Patrons may pick up their receiver and headset, free-of-charge, at the Audience Services Desk, located to the left of the Main Entrance.
To reserve seating, complete a Accessibility Ticket Reservation Form , or contact the Box Office at 717-397-7425. If you need to cancel your reservation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may extend an offer to wait listed patrons. The Pay-What-You-Want program is available for patrons who are blind or visually impaired at all described performances.
This service is prescheduled on the second Saturday matinee and third Tuesday performance for each mainstage production. The Pay-What-You-Want program is available for patrons who are blind, with limited sight or low vision at all audio described performances.
Audio described performances are held on the second Saturday and third Tuesday of each Premier Series production on the following dates:
- Billy Elliott: The Musical: Saturday, October 1, 2016, 2:00pm and Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 7:30pm
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 2:00pm and Tuesday November 22, 2016, 7:30pm
- Annie Get Your Gun: Saturday, February 4, 2017, 2:00pm and Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 7:30pm
- In the Heights: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 2:00pm and Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 7:30pm
- Always… Patsy Cline: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 2:00pm and Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 7:30pm
- Disney’s Newsies: Saturday, June 17, 2017, 2:00pm and Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 7:30pm