Fulton Theatre Company
Posted April, 2017
Position: Marketing Assistant
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Department: Marketing & Sales
About the Fulton Theatre:
The mission of the Fulton Theatre is to create and produce exceptional theatre that moves the collective soul of our community and honors our national historic landmark.
The Fulton first opened its doors in 1852. 164 years later, this national historic landmark theatre continues to entertain, educate and delight audiences, bringing live theatre, music, and more than 120,000 patrons into downtown Lancaster annually. Since its inception, some of the brightest stars of theatre, music and film have appeared on its stage, including Sarah Bernhardt, Mark Twain, Lionel Barrymore, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, W.C. Fields, George M. Cohan, Treat Williams and Lancaster’s own Jonathan Groff.
Today, under the leadership of Executive Artistic Producer Marc Robin, the Fulton Theatre produces a mix of comedies, dramas and musicals, employing the talents of professional directors, designers and playwrights from across the country. The Fulton also offers classes for children, teens and adults as well as numerous community engagement programs across the region.
Summary of Position:
The Marketing Assistant oversees email marketing, provides social media support and the creation of general show support communications including website updates, signage, flyers and show programs.
This position functions as an integral part of the marketing and sales department as well as a department liaison for communications needs throughout the organization. This is an entry level position requiring an ambitious, highly motivated individual who is first and foremost a fan of the theatre and has a working knowledge of marketing, including multiplatform design and writing ability.
- Manage the scheduling, copywriting, compilation and proofing of all general non-transactional show support materials, including the production programs and front-of-house signage and other needs as they arise.
- Public Relations support, including writing of press releases, website updates and other web-based communications strategies and initiatives.
- Handle general database maintenance and assist with list generation for direct mail, and generate reports for analysis (Tessitura).
- Oversee email marketing campaigns and support social media initiatives
- General clerical duties.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule, including some evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent desktop computer skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Design or related field. Will also consider applicants, who will receive a Bachelor’s Degree within six months of hire date.
- One to two years of experience in Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/In-Design) with an eye for layout.
- Creative personality with a willingness to learn and who enjoys working in a team environment.
- Experience working with various social media platforms.
- Working knowledge of theatre preferred.
This is a full time position with competitive pay consistent with entry-level Marketing positions.
Applicants for this position should email resume, cover letter, salary requirements and 3 professional references by May 5, 2017 to email@example.com with Marketing Assistant in the Subject Line.
No calls, please