Current Open Positions
PART-TIME SALES ASSOCIATE
Provide the highest level of service to all customers and potential customers, via phone and in person, seeking information, or purchasing tickets for events for Fulton Theatre shows and offerings.
The Sales Associate will greet customers and collect the necessary information to assist them with their ticket purchase. In the performance of his/her duties, the Sales Associates will primarily interact with customers in person and via phone, and sometimes via fax and email. He or she will use the Tessitura ticketing system to process ticket sales. The Sales Associate will consistently follow all Fulton Theatre performance standards and call patterns to provide an exceptional customer experience.
Create positive relationships with customers; discover their needs and wants as they relate to our events, membership programs, and related products and services.
Educate the customer about our events, subscriptions and services in order to provide the best possible entertainment solution.
Obtain necessary information through effective questioning and use of call script.
Maintain positive, enthusiastic, and professional communication with customer throughout all contact, including inbound and outbound calls, and face-to-face interactions at the Box Office window. Transfer genuine enthusiasm in every interaction.
Cross promote other Fulton Theatre products, including events and subscriptions.
Continually ask for the sale and thank every customer for his/her business or interest.
Serve as box office reservationist and perform all duties relating to the ticket purchasing process.
Receive and process orders for theatre tickets. Use the Tessitura ticketing system to create Individual show ticket reservations. Maintain confidentiality regarding various tiered pricing guides.
Know and comply with all Sales Office policies and standards.
Print tickets, process ticket orders, copy, sort, file and mail order confirmations. Process ticket exchanges, and other ticket requests.
Additional Sales Office responsibilities:
Professionally conduct cash, check, and credit card transactions utilizing only the assigned cash drawer. Accurately balance cash drawer at the beginning and end of each shift.
Make outbound calls to patrons from lists provided by the Marketing, Development and Education teams. This will consist of maintaining and following up personal call back lists, and maintaining patron’s annotations on each list based off the Annotations sheet provided, and entering responses correctly in the Tessitura Ticketing System via a CSI.
Other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators:
Addresses customers enthusiastically, politely and professionally.
Answers all inquiries thoroughly and accurately.
Responds to all customers in a timely basis.
Avoids interrupting or talking over the customer.
Maintains a clean, neat, professional appearance.
Adheres to dress code; Fulton Theatre uniform is pressed and cleaned
Maintains a clean and orderly working environment in work area and throughout box office
Works cooperatively with team members from all departments
Accepts supervision and interacts with manger respectfully
Follows established “11 Steps to Complete a Reservation”
Cross sells Fulton Theatre subscriptions, shows and products
Uses approved scripted responses when answering questions and providing information
Has thorough knowledge of the Fulton Theatre’s location, facilities, events, and policies
Understands and adheres to the Fulton Theatre policies and procedures
In assigned position and ready to perform duties five minutes prior to scheduled time.
Completes assignments on time and according to instruction
Regularly updates supervisor and coworkers of problems and work progress.
Appearance and cleanliness
High school diploma
One to three months related experience and/or training
EXCELLENT communication skills and a positive attitude.
Ability to perform in a fast-paced, multiple demand work environment.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Familiarity with popular software programs such as Microsoft Office.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is also required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stage fog may be used during rehearsals and performances. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level may be loud in the theatre lobby and auditorium.
Contact Lisa Hall, Sales Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT APPRENTICE
Fulton Theatre seeks a Community Engagement Apprentice for the coming theatrical season (August 10, 2015 to July 24, 2016) thefulton.org/apprentices. This position will function similar to the production apprentices in that they will be fulltime, and treated as staff.
Job Description: Fulton Theatre seeks qualified candidates for a Community Engagement Apprenticeship for the coming theatrical season (August 10, 2015 to July 24, 2016). College graduates with a degree in acting, musical theatre, education, creative writing or a related field are encouraged to apply. Candidate must have a demonstrated interest in educational theatre and the ability to work as a teacher and administrator. Apprentices work full time (40 hours per week, 6 days per week) and participate in staff and department meetings. The Community Engagement Apprentice attends seminars in lesson planning, classroom management, inclusion and more. Apprentice will co-teach theatre classes (ages 4-18) at the Fulton and in-schools and community centers, and as skills grow teach independently. In addition to teaching, the apprentice will provide administrative support. Responsibilities will include: corresponding with partners, maintaining departmental records and calendar, writing and editing program study guides and curriculum, preparing materials and supplies, writing and editing promotions, coordinating accessibility services and preparing the open caption script. Candidates must be highly organized, hold broad-based administrative skills as well as excellent communication and customer service skills; the ability to take direction and multi-task in a fast paced, and youth-oriented environment. This position must submit to a background check and participate in first and aid and CPR training.
Interested candidates should submit application online APPLY.
Added January 12, 2015
This position will reports to: Director of Sales & Marketing. Current Positions that will report to this position: Graphic Designer.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for planning and executing all marketing activities for the Fulton Theatre. Primary duties focus on the main stage productions, the family theatre series, the experimental series, and support to the community engagement, development, communications, and production departments.
· Develop advertising and marketing plan and manage a detailed calendar of due dates and progress timelines including the design, production, and placement of print, direct mail, point of purchase, electronic, and outdoor advertising for all departments as well as cross-promotional opportunities with area businesses. Evaluate bids and oversee production. Meet with ad representatives to book advertising space. Write advertising copy. Act as graphic designer or graphic editor on small projects.
· Direct supervision of Graphic Artist.
· Establish and maintain a dynamic website with the organization’s current and accurate information.
· Maintain a catalog of current websites that our organization is featured on.
· Maintain catalog of promotional artwork and business logos.
· Conduct research on both the market and on Fulton patrons, using results to guide strategic planning.
· Make expenditures for marketing program costs within budgeted amounts; maintain accounting records.
· Track the effectiveness of different advertising campaigns, measuring response rates. Monitor progression of sales toward goal in conjunction with the Sales Manager.
· Create window displays at the Fulton and in businesses around town.
· Coordinate the production of
- Playbills and newsletters in conjunction with Managing Director, Artistic Director & Director of Sales & Marketing.On-premise signage and general décor (posters, flyers, etc.).
- Solicitation brochures, invitations & other materials in conjunction with Director of Development.
- Flyers, registration materials, study guides, sensory-friendly social stories, and advertisements in conjunction with the Director of Community Engagement.
· Create promotional video(s) for each program to be posted on the web.
· Coordinate the gathering, editing and posting of artist blogs and audience reviews.
· Coordinate organization’s PR and Social Media identity and information, currently done through third party.
· Assist with Sales reporting.
· Maintain the organization’s press database.
· Write and distribute press releases.
· Submit event information to local calendar and listing sources.
· Attend committee meetings and sales events as requested.
· Oversee the design and creation of the program materials for each main stage production, family series, experimental series and community engagement production.
· Perform other duties as assigned and abide by any company rules and personnel policies.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
· Microsoft Office Programs in a Windows environment
· Adobe Suite
· Ability to use on-line services
· Verbal & Written Communication
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment
It is anticipated that the hours for this position hours will be Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with additional hours worked at home and/or on the weekends as needed. Subject to change.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Demonstrated ability working under tight deadlines, organizing multiple tasks, and coordinating work with multiple departments. A bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field and five years of experience in marketing and public relations, preferably in the performing arts, are required. Computer skills are a must.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to Mary Anne Ritter at email@example.com.
Professional Training Program
The Fulton Theatre provides apprenticeship, internship, volunteer and shadow opportunities for emerging professionals to apply skills acquired in the high school and university setting to a professional institution, to build upon those skills and to learn new ones. Apprentices are recent college graduates and young professionals who desire a season long, full-time commitment (August through July). Internships can be accomplished for college credit or under a special project agreement made with specific department heads. Our summer camps for ages 3-18 provide a comprehensive hands-on experience for individuals interested in teaching theatre arts to youth. Apprentices and interns fully participate as Fulton Theatre personnel, attending appropriate staff and production meetings and monthly seminars, and participating in special events. Seminars are held throughout the program based on apprentices and interns interests. Volunteers may be 16 years old or a retired professional. The Fulton Theatre seeks qualified volunteers with special skills to help realize Fulton projects and goals. A shadow opportunitymay be a young person who desires a career exploration opportunity or must fulfill a school requirement.