Current Open Positions
The Marketing Manager is responsible for ensuring the completion of all planned marketing activities for the Fulton Theatre. Primary duties focus on the Main Stage productions, the Family Theatre series, the Ellen Arnold Groff Studio Series and support to the education, development, communications, and production departments.
Microsoft Office Programs in a Windows environment
Verbal & Written Communication
Ability to work well with others in a team environment
Ability to use on-line services
- Assist DOSM in the development of a comprehensive overall marketing plan and advertising calendar.
- Meet with advertising representatives/agencies, secure and evaluate bids for media buys.
- Manage and coordinate established due dates and progress timelines including the design, production, placement and distribution of print ads, press releases, direct mail, point of purchase, electronic (email, web, television, radio) and outdoor advertising for all departments as well as cross-promotional opportunities with area businesses.
- Act as graphic designer or graphic editor on small projects.
- Direct supervision of Graphic Artist.
- Maintain a dynamic website with the organization’s current and accurate information.
- Maintain a catalog of current websites that our organization is featured on.
- Maintain catalog of promotional artwork and business logos.
- Conduct research on both the market and on Fulton patrons, using results to guide strategic planning.
- Make expenditures for marketing program costs within budgeted amounts; maintain accounting records.
- Track the effectiveness of different advertising campaigns, measuring response rates. Monitor progression of sales toward goal in conjunction with the Sales Manager.
- Create window displays at the Fulton and in businesses around town.
- Coordinate the production of
- Playbills and newsletters in conjunction with Managing Dir, Artistic Dir & Dir of Sales & Mktg.
- On-premise signage and general décor (posters, flyers, etc.).
- Solicitation brochures, invitations & other materials in conjunction with Director of Development.
- Flyers, registration materials, study guides and advertisements in conjunction with the Director of Community Outreach and the Fulton’s Education programs.
- Create promotional video(s) for each program to be posted on the web.
- Coordinate the gathering, editing and posting of artist blogs and audience reviews.
- Coordinate organization’s PR and Social Media identity and information, currently done through third party.
- Assist with Sales reporting.
- Maintain the organization’s press database.
- Submit event information to local calendar and listing sources.
- Attend committee meetings and sales events as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned and abide by any company rules and personnel policies.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
Demonstrated ability to succeed working under tight deadlines, organizing multiple tasks, and coordinating work with multiple departments. A bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field and five years of experience in marketing and public relations, preferably in the performing arts, are required. Computer skills are a must.
It is anticipated that the hours for this position hours will be Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with additional hours worked at home and/or on the weekends as needed. Subject to change.
Please forward resume and cover letter to Human Resources for consideration. No phone calls please.
The Fulton Theatre seeks a part-time cashier responsible for running the operations of the Bar/Concessions/Gift Shop smoothly and effectively. The cashier will ensure excellent customer service, maintain a positive attitude and team mentality, handle monetary transactions quickly and efficiently, and operate all cash register POS and end of night functions.
- Physical standing, lifting, carrying, and bending.
- Ability to think, work, and thrive in a fast-paced, upbeat, and ever-changing environment.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours when necessary, including afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
- Previous experience in retail, or with POS systems and monetary transactions.
- RAMP Certification is beneficial
- Carry themselves in a manner that coincides with the professionalism of the Fulton Theatre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and setup register station with water, concessions, souvenir cups, hot chocolate, etc. Assist bartender with bar setup, including stocking liquor, beer, and wine, sodas, cups, napkins, and other bar needs.
- Organize and setup gift shop when scheduled in gift shop.
- Have detailed knowledge of cash register, POS software, financial close-out, and sales reconciliation procedures. Always ensure the register drawer matches the daily cash and credit card sales at the end of the shift.
- Prepare water for satellite stations, and ensure Fulton Guild members have their concessions and money necessary for when the house opens.
- Operate the POS station and handle all sales transactions effectively, efficiently, and with a good attitude.
- Check identification of those purchasing alcohol.
- Assist in keeping kitchen, bars, and storage areas clean.
- Assist in the tear-down of bar and concessions area, restocking concessions as necessary. Ensure the liquor and concession cabinets are locked at the end of each shift.
- Assist House Manager as needed.
Interested applicants please send resume to email@example.com. No phone call please.
Professional Training Program
The Fulton Theatre provides apprenticeship, internship, volunteer and shadow opportunities for emerging professionals to apply skills acquired in the high school and university setting to a professional institution, to build upon those skills and to learn new ones. Apprentices are recent college graduates and young professionals who desire a season long, full-time commitment (August through July). Internships can be accomplished for college credit or under a special project agreement made with specific department heads. Our summer camps for ages 3-18 provide a comprehensive hands-on experience for individuals interested in teaching theatre arts to youth. Apprentices and interns fully participate as Fulton Theatre personnel, attending appropriate staff and production meetings and monthly seminars, and participating in special events. Seminars are held throughout the program based on apprentices and interns interests. Volunteers may be 16 years old or a retired professional. The Fulton Theatre seeks qualified volunteers with special skills to help realize Fulton projects and goals. A shadow opportunity may be a young person who desires a career exploration opportunity or must fulfill a school requirement.