Current Open Positions
This position will reports to: Director of Sales & Marketing. Current Positions that will report to this position: Graphic Designer.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for planning and executing all marketing activities for the Fulton Theatre. Primary duties focus on the main stage productions, the family theatre series, the experimental series, and support to the community engagement, development, communications, and production departments.
· Develop advertising and marketing plan and manage a detailed calendar of due dates and progress timelines including the design, production, and placement of print, direct mail, point of purchase, electronic, and outdoor advertising for all departments as well as cross-promotional opportunities with area businesses. Evaluate bids and oversee production. Meet with ad representatives to book advertising space. Write advertising copy. Act as graphic designer or graphic editor on small projects.
· Direct supervision of Graphic Artist.
· Establish and maintain a dynamic website with the organization’s current and accurate information.
· Maintain a catalog of current websites that our organization is featured on.
· Maintain catalog of promotional artwork and business logos.
· Conduct research on both the market and on Fulton patrons, using results to guide strategic planning.
· Make expenditures for marketing program costs within budgeted amounts; maintain accounting records.
· Track the effectiveness of different advertising campaigns, measuring response rates. Monitor progression of sales toward goal in conjunction with the Sales Manager.
· Create window displays at the Fulton and in businesses around town.
· Coordinate the production of
- Playbills and newsletters in conjunction with Managing Director, Artistic Director & Director of Sales & Marketing.On-premise signage and general décor (posters, flyers, etc.).
- Solicitation brochures, invitations & other materials in conjunction with Director of Development.
- Flyers, registration materials, study guides, sensory-friendly social stories, and advertisements in conjunction with the Director of Community Engagement.
· Create promotional video(s) for each program to be posted on the web.
· Coordinate the gathering, editing and posting of artist blogs and audience reviews.
· Coordinate organization’s PR and Social Media identity and information, currently done through third party.
· Assist with Sales reporting.
· Maintain the organization’s press database.
· Write and distribute press releases.
· Submit event information to local calendar and listing sources.
· Attend committee meetings and sales events as requested.
· Oversee the design and creation of the program materials for each main stage production, family series, experimental series and community engagement production.
· Perform other duties as assigned and abide by any company rules and personnel policies.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
· Microsoft Office Programs in a Windows environment
· Adobe Suite
· Ability to use on-line services
· Verbal & Written Communication
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment
It is anticipated that the hours for this position hours will be Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with additional hours worked at home and/or on the weekends as needed. Subject to change.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Demonstrated ability working under tight deadlines, organizing multiple tasks, and coordinating work with multiple departments. A bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field and five years of experience in marketing and public relations, preferably in the performing arts, are required. Computer skills are a must.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to Mary Anne Ritter at email@example.com.
Fulton Theatre seeks a full-time IT/Database Administrator. This newly-created position will oversee the Fulton’s information technology, coordinate efforts with independent contractors, and provide support and training to staff. Utilizing the Tessitura database system, this position will ensure that all programs operate seamlessly including web, mobile app, ticket sales, donations, class enrollment, social media and emails. This position also provides analytical support for executive leadership and board strategic planning and decision-making.
· Supervise the use of Tessitura database throughout the organization; provide training and support to users across departments.
· Train Tessitura users in appropriate data entry and maintenance procedures.
· Coordinate database integrity through Ticket Philadelphia (vendor).
· Set up source codes for funds, premiums, and acknowledgements in database.
· Research, answer and resolve complex issues related to database records.
· Work with departments to prepare analytical reports/findings designed to drive better business strategies and understanding of our subscribers, single ticket buyers, groups, and donors.
· Maintain up-to-date reports on sales data.
· Regularly extract lists of constituents for direct mail and e-mail solicitation.
· Represent Fulton at yearly Tessitura conference.
· Act as in-house IT support. Troubleshoot, schedule and notify third-party IT provider of needs. Help users get set-up on office equipment. Plan and deliver ongoing technology training.
· Maintain inventory records of computer hardware and software. Recommend, budget and implement a regular schedule of hardware and software upgrades.
· Implement IT policies among system users.
· Maintain telephone system (AllWorks) with third party vendor.
· Maintain wireless system across multiple business locations.
· Other duties as directed by the executive leadership.
· Past experience with Tessitura (“Super User” preferred).
· Proven analytical skills with ability to analyze trends and draw conclusions.
· Excellent organization and management skills.
· Well-developed writing and interpersonal communications skills, attention to detail, and good organizational skills are a high priority.
· Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a calm and efficient manner; high level of self-direction, self-motivation and ability to set goals and priorities.
· Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is essential.
· Ability to lift and install computer equipment at desk height, on the floor and overhead.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to Mary Anne Ritter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added January 12, 2015
DONOR RELATIONS MANAGER
Fulton Theatre seeks a motivated and dedicated individual to assist with the Theatre’s annual development/fundraising efforts, major gifts and special events – specifically as it relates to the cultivation, stewardship and recognition of individual, corporate and foundation contributors. Reporting to the Director of Development and interacting closely with the Fulton’s Development Committee, the Donor Relations Manager will play a key role in building and enhancing relationships with both new and existing donors and help to secure philanthropic gifts in support of the Fulton.
· Development and implementation of strategies for building relationships with prospective donors and stewarding existing donors; working collaboratively with the Director of Development, Management Team and Board to implement these strategies.
· Development and implementation of strategies to secure multi-year financial commitments that connect donors to the area(s) of the organization they are interested in and passionate about; working collaboratively with the Director of Development, Management Team and Board to implement these strategies.
· Creation and maintenance of a portfolio of major gifts donors ($25,000 & above) that tracks, monitors and manages all related cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and recognition efforts.
· Coordination and fulfillment of corporate sponsor benefits including ticket distribution, pre-show receptions, curtain speech participation, and program advertising.
· Coordination of special events and donor recognition/cultivation efforts including Artistic Director’s Circle and Producers Circle events, Fulton Follies, Brown Bag Lunch Series, and First Timers brunch.
· Coordination of efforts between Development department and Encore! Campaign Director for gifts involving major donors participating in upcoming capital/endowment campaign.
· Assembling materials relating to individual, corporate and foundation sponsorship proposals.
· Drafting of donor communications including solicitation letters, thank you letters, stewardship pieces, etc. for both new and existing donors.
· Providing necessary administrative and computer support for duties listed above. This includes all related data entry, merging, tracking and reporting. Working knowledge of Tessitura a plus.
· Assistance with other development/fundraising projects and programs as requested by the Director of Development.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· At least three years of related experience in fundraising, donor relations, and events management.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer skills. Working knowledge of Tessitura a plus.
· A work style that is self-directed as well as team oriented.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, upbeat, and ever-changing environment.
· Ability and willingness to work flexible hours when necessary, including evenings and weekends.
Salary for this mid-level management position is commensurate with experience. To apply, submit resume and cover letter to Mary Anne Ritter at email@example.com.
Professional Training Program
The Fulton Theatre provides apprenticeship, internship, volunteer and shadow opportunities for emerging professionals to apply skills acquired in the high school and university setting to a professional institution, to build upon those skills and to learn new ones. Apprentices are recent college graduates and young professionals who desire a season long, full-time commitment (August through July). Internships can be accomplished for college credit or under a special project agreement made with specific department heads. Our summer camps for ages 3-18 provide a comprehensive hands-on experience for individuals interested in teaching theatre arts to youth. Apprentices and interns fully participate as Fulton Theatre personnel, attending appropriate staff and production meetings and monthly seminars, and participating in special events. Seminars are held throughout the program based on apprentices and interns interests. Volunteers may be 16 years old or a retired professional. The Fulton Theatre seeks qualified volunteers with special skills to help realize Fulton projects and goals. A shadow opportunitymay be a young person who desires a career exploration opportunity or must fulfill a school requirement.