Current Open Positions
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT APPRENTICE
Fulton Theatre seeks a Community Engagement Apprentice for the coming theatrical season (August 10, 2015 to July 24, 2016) thefulton.org/apprentices. This position will function similar to the production apprentices in that they will be fulltime, and treated as staff.
Job Description: Fulton Theatre seeks qualified candidates for a Community Engagement Apprenticeship for the coming theatrical season (August 10, 2015 to July 24, 2016). College graduates with a degree in acting, musical theatre, education, creative writing or a related field are encouraged to apply. Candidate must have a demonstrated interest in educational theatre and the ability to work as a teacher and administrator. Apprentices work full time (40 hours per week, 6 days per week) and participate in staff and department meetings. The Community Engagement Apprentice attends seminars in lesson planning, classroom management, inclusion and more. Apprentice will co-teach theatre classes (ages 4-18) at the Fulton and in-schools and community centers, and as skills grow teach independently. In addition to teaching, the apprentice will provide administrative support. Responsibilities will include: corresponding with partners, maintaining departmental records and calendar, writing and editing program study guides and curriculum, preparing materials and supplies, writing and editing promotions, coordinating accessibility services and preparing the open caption script. Candidates must be highly organized, hold broad-based administrative skills as well as excellent communication and customer service skills; the ability to take direction and multi-task in a fast paced, and youth-oriented environment. This position must submit to a background check and participate in first and aid and CPR training.
Interested candidates should submit application online APPLY.
The Fulton Theatre seeks a full-time Graphic Designer. Reporting to the Marketing Manager and interacting closely with the Artistic, Sales, Education, Development, and Production departments, the successful candidate will play a key role in maintaining the Fulton’s brand by developing a wide array of materials across the organization.
- Collaborate with the Theatre’s Director of Marketing on creation of all materials within budget and timelines.
- Design marketing collateral including (but not limited to): brochures, print and digital ads, website and email graphics, postcards, flyers and posters, programs, interior and exterior signage, and event invitations.
- Package files for print.
- Assist with website maintenance.
- Uphold Fulton Theatre’s branding standards.
- Attend weekly and regular marketing and graphics meetings and provide input into marketing and communications strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in graphic design.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience in Adobe Premiere and After Effects desirable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with print production and pre-press
- Diverse portfolio
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once while meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced, upbeat, and ever-changing environment.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours when necessary, including evenings and weekends.
Salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and three references to Adam Andrusky, Director of Sales and Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Added January 12, 2015
This position will reports to: Director of Sales & Marketing. Current Positions that will report to this position: Graphic Designer.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for planning and executing all marketing activities for the Fulton Theatre. Primary duties focus on the main stage productions, the family theatre series, the experimental series, and support to the community engagement, development, communications, and production departments.
· Develop advertising and marketing plan and manage a detailed calendar of due dates and progress timelines including the design, production, and placement of print, direct mail, point of purchase, electronic, and outdoor advertising for all departments as well as cross-promotional opportunities with area businesses. Evaluate bids and oversee production. Meet with ad representatives to book advertising space. Write advertising copy. Act as graphic designer or graphic editor on small projects.
· Direct supervision of Graphic Artist.
· Establish and maintain a dynamic website with the organization’s current and accurate information.
· Maintain a catalog of current websites that our organization is featured on.
· Maintain catalog of promotional artwork and business logos.
· Conduct research on both the market and on Fulton patrons, using results to guide strategic planning.
· Make expenditures for marketing program costs within budgeted amounts; maintain accounting records.
· Track the effectiveness of different advertising campaigns, measuring response rates. Monitor progression of sales toward goal in conjunction with the Sales Manager.
· Create window displays at the Fulton and in businesses around town.
· Coordinate the production of
- Playbills and newsletters in conjunction with Managing Director, Artistic Director & Director of Sales & Marketing.On-premise signage and general décor (posters, flyers, etc.).
- Solicitation brochures, invitations & other materials in conjunction with Director of Development.
- Flyers, registration materials, study guides, sensory-friendly social stories, and advertisements in conjunction with the Director of Community Engagement.
· Create promotional video(s) for each program to be posted on the web.
· Coordinate the gathering, editing and posting of artist blogs and audience reviews.
· Coordinate organization’s PR and Social Media identity and information, currently done through third party.
· Assist with Sales reporting.
· Maintain the organization’s press database.
· Write and distribute press releases.
· Submit event information to local calendar and listing sources.
· Attend committee meetings and sales events as requested.
· Oversee the design and creation of the program materials for each main stage production, family series, experimental series and community engagement production.
· Perform other duties as assigned and abide by any company rules and personnel policies.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
· Microsoft Office Programs in a Windows environment
· Adobe Suite
· Ability to use on-line services
· Verbal & Written Communication
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment
It is anticipated that the hours for this position hours will be Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with additional hours worked at home and/or on the weekends as needed. Subject to change.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Demonstrated ability working under tight deadlines, organizing multiple tasks, and coordinating work with multiple departments. A bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field and five years of experience in marketing and public relations, preferably in the performing arts, are required. Computer skills are a must.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to Mary Anne Ritter at email@example.com.
Professional Training Program
The Fulton Theatre provides apprenticeship, internship, volunteer and shadow opportunities for emerging professionals to apply skills acquired in the high school and university setting to a professional institution, to build upon those skills and to learn new ones. Apprentices are recent college graduates and young professionals who desire a season long, full-time commitment (August through July). Internships can be accomplished for college credit or under a special project agreement made with specific department heads. Our summer camps for ages 3-18 provide a comprehensive hands-on experience for individuals interested in teaching theatre arts to youth. Apprentices and interns fully participate as Fulton Theatre personnel, attending appropriate staff and production meetings and monthly seminars, and participating in special events. Seminars are held throughout the program based on apprentices and interns interests. Volunteers may be 16 years old or a retired professional. The Fulton Theatre seeks qualified volunteers with special skills to help realize Fulton projects and goals. A shadow opportunitymay be a young person who desires a career exploration opportunity or must fulfill a school requirement.